Women’s Rights and Opportunity
Women’s issues are central to families and the economy
- I stand for reproductive freedom for all women. Planned Parenthood is an important provider of women's health care. It should not be defunded as my opponent repeatedly votes to do. I will fight to expand Planned Parenthood.
- It is past time to guarantee equal pay for women. Working mothers want to support their families and they deserve an equal voice in the workplace. Businesses will benefit from this. I support the Paycheck Fairness Act to allow women to receive equal pay for equal work. The incumbent voted against the Lily Ledbetter Act in 2008.
- I will fight for paid family leave, medical leave, and affordable child care. This should be a high priority for all Americans. Women should not have to lose their job because a child is sick. It hurts families and the economy.
- Domestic violence cannot be swept under the rug. I support expanding services under the Violence Against Women Act and the Family Violence Prevention & Services Act.
- Expand the child care tax credit